I don't know if there is a government regulation, but some shipping
companies do have requirements for heavy packages.  UPS requires special
marking for packages over 70 pounds (31.5 kg.)  For packages over this
weight, two people may be used to lift the package.  If one person feels
comfortable moving the package on his own, he may do so.  However, he is
not required to move the package alone if it is over the weight limit.

http://www.ups.com/using/services/packaging/over70.html

Ted Eckert
Regulatory Compliance Engineer
American Power Conversion Corporation
teck...@apcc.com

The items contained in this e-mail reflect the personal opinions of the
writer and are only provided for the assistance of the reader.  The writer
is not speaking in an official capacity for APC nor representing APC's
official position on any matter.

Please respond to Dave Wilson <dwil...@alidian.com>

Sent by:  owner-emc-p...@ieee.org