Group:

I need detailed information on (a) which standards would apply to test a
switching device (similar to a PBX machine) that connects to the PSTN on a
customer site under the R & TTE Directive (b) the process by which a
manufacturer contacts a Notified Body in the EU for approval (c) where I can
locate a list of Notified Bodies for said directive (d) is the manufacturer
required to have their QA, manufacturing and design processes approved to EN
29003?

My underlying assumption is that the product, which uses a cross-connect
robot, would fall under the EMC, LVD and Machinery Directives also.  My
knowledge of the R & TTE Directive is limited.

As always, one cannot be an expert in everything.  My thanks to those who
respond in advance.

Sincerely,
Robert Loop
Engineering Supervisor