Koh, I'm afraid your formula won't work. The attenuation provided by the
ferrite bead is directly dependant on the system source and load impedance
at the particular frequencies, which won't generally be known. Without
knowing the system impedances, you can't calculate directly what the
insertion loss change will be when the bead impedance is changed, even
though the system impedance doesn't change.

However, you can do some worse case studies by assuming a range of source
and load impedances. For example, the measurement standard of 50 ohms
provides a reduction of 0.93dB for the worse case change of 67ohms to 50
ohms at 68MHz. Beads provide less attenuation at higher source and load
impedances, so if you had a 1000 ohms system, the change would reduce to
just 0.14dB. However, if the system impedance were as low as 10 ohms, which
is probably unlikely, the reduction would increase to 2.16dB.

Even this approach assumes resistive source and loads, and a resistive bead,
but is at least a guide.

Regards, Jeff
Dr Jeff Chambers
Westbay Technology Ltd