        From:   Kazimier Gawrzyjal [SMTP:k...@nortelnetworks.com]
        Sent:   Friday, September 22, 2000 8:24 AM
        To:     'Mark Schmidt'; emc-p...@ieee.org
        Subject:        RE: Red LED's

        Hi,

        I'm not familiar with any requirements disallowing the use of red
leds (at least per IEC 60950 and derivatives) but you'll need to ensure the
LEDs (and the application) meet EN 60825 laser class 1 requirements (ref. to
cl. 0.2.6; 4.3.13 and Annex P)..

        My opinion and not that of Sanmina Canada ULC.

        Regards,
        Kaz Gawrzyjal, P. Eng.
        Sr. Product Safety Engineer
        Sanmina Canada ULC