forwarding..

Subject:    Re: South Africa accept CB.. ?
Author: FA Venter <fver...@alcatel.es>
Date:       6/27/00 8:00 AM

Hello All

Just to confirm.

You all are correct to say that South Africa accepts CB certificates and
the associated test reports for safety of ITE as well as for many other
"household type" products as well. EMC test reports of laboratories
accredited  under the scheme to which bodies like EAL, UKAS and others
belong to will also be accepted provided the report contents matches the
products in question.

The CE mark and declaration of conformity means absolutely nothing by
itself, since the CE mark is a European scheme and outside Europe
carries no legal value. South Africa also does not accept self
certification at this stage.

Francois Venter
vente...@alcatel.altech.co.za

> Hello All,
>
> I need to know if South Africa accepts the CB scheme for safety of
> Power
> Adaptors for ITE equipment.  Also, Do they accept CISPR reports for
> EMI/C ?
> If yes, we plan to use the CE marking. Are there any additional
> cerifications \ markings required for either safety or EMI/C?
>
> Thanks in Advance,
> George

> Hello All,
>
> I need to know if South Africa accepts the CB scheme for safety of
> Power Adaptors for ITE equipment.  Also, Do they accept CISPR reports
> for EMI/C ?  If yes, we plan to use the CE marking. Are there any
> additional cerifications \ markings required for either safety or
> EMI/C?
>
> Thanks in Advance,
> George

Hello All

and the associated test reports for safety of ITE as well as for many other
"household type" products as well. EMC test reports of laboratories
accredited&nbsp;
under the scheme to which bodies like EAL, UKAS and others belong to will
also be accepted provided the report contents matches the products in question.

by itself, since the CE mark is a European scheme and outside Europe carries
no legal value. South Africa also does not accept self certification at
this stage.

<pre WRAP>Hello All,

I need to know if South Africa accepts the CB scheme for safety of Power
Adaptors for ITE equipment.&nbsp; Also, Do they accept CISPR reports for EMI/C ?
If yes, we plan to use the CE marking. Are there any additional
cerifications \ markings required for either safety or EMI/C?

Thanks in Advance,
George</pre>

<hr WIDTH="90%" SIZE=4>
safety of Power Adaptors for ITE equipment.&nbsp; Also, Do they accept
CISPR reports for EMI/C ?&nbsp; If yes, we plan to use the CE marking.
Are there any additional cerifications \ markings required for either safety
or EMI/C?</font>