Hi Groups,

We have performed ETS 300 328, ETS 300 826 (61000-4-3, 61000-4-2), CE, and
FCC testing on our 11MBPS (2.4GHz) wireless card. We intend to ship this
card throughout the EU after forwarding the Annex IV (TCF) info to a
Notified Body and receiving their "opinion" on the test data.

Questions we have based on the R&TTE Directive:

* Are France and Spain the only 2 countries in the EU that have the
frequency channel restrictions for this type of device? I have some
documentation from 1998 that lists France as allowing only 4 channels (10,
11, 12, 13 - 2457MHz thru 2472MHz). This same documentation lists Spain as
allowing only 2 channels (10, 11 - 2457MHZ thru 2462MHz). This document
also states that the remaining EU member states allow channels 1 - 13
(2412MHz thru 2472MHz) to be used. Are these channel restrictions the
correct ones? Are there any others?
* In addition to placing the "ALERT" symbol on the product, must we also
list the "ALERT" symbol in our user's guide that ships with the product?
* Is there a specific text statement that should be included in the manual
that states that the product has legal (geographical) limitations in France
and Spain (and/or any other countries)? Is there a specific way to state
this restriction?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Jon Bond