Brent,

The Taiwan BCIQ terminology was changed last year to BSMI.  It is my
understanding that at the present time BSMI only imposes an EMC
requirement and certification on ITE.  We market adapter powered
printers there (120V) and have not been required to obtain any safety
certifications, although BSMI is working toward a safety certification
process.

In your case, the Taiwan EMC certification number and mark would
probably go on the main ITE product, as measured using the planned
AC adapter.

George Alspaugh
Lexmark International Inc.

compliance%eoscorp....@interlock.lexmark.com on 06/07/2000 08:24:32 PM