Group,

we are currently discussing with one OEM the interpretation of EFT/Burst
test requirements per EN55024 and EN61000-4-4 to a printer.
Specifically we are discussing the requirements of application of bursts to
AC power lines. Our understanding is that they must be applied between each
(single) power supply conductor and reference ground (or protective earth),
as specified in EN61000-4-4 section 7.3.1. Also fig.4 and fig.11 in the same
document seem to confirm this.
Our OEM customer says that all combinations of phase, neutral and protective
earth should be tested. They actually tested both singular AC lines and also
more than one AC line. The printer passed the test in the first mode and
failed in the second mode.

Any comments / interpretations would be highly appreciated.

Paolo Roncone
Compuprint s.p.a.
Italy