I am looking to see what the general conception is on I/O port conducted
emissions and surge immunity is.  The company I work for manufactures
various types of network cards.  Some of these tie to the outside word
(public network) and others are LAN based.  I can see performing the testing
on ISDN and other style devices but not to a device, say and Ethernet card
or a device, that does not access the public network directly.  I have not
read over the CISPR 24 document yet but based on what I have been told, the
spec is vague on the areas of I/O ports and the outside world.

Regards,

Guy Story, KC5GOI
Compliance Technician
Interphase Corporation