The way I read my fresh new copy of the "New Blue Guide" thanks to Art
Michael and others yesterday the paragraph immediately preceding the snip
included below by Kim tells the story. I am sorry that I can't include the
text verbatim but my copy is PDF format. The paragraph defines products that
must be accompanied by the EC DoC as gas appliances, potentially explosive
atmospheres, recreational craft, lifts, and high speed rail. This reflects
into the paragraph included by Kim where it is defined that these DoC's that
must accompany the product must be in the language of the country of use.
It is implied that other than the mentioned directives it is OK to use only
one of the languages of the Member States. I would interpret this to mean
one language is OK for R&TTE DoC's and that the DoC need not accompany the
product with each shipment.  Are there any other opinions out there because
this is only one man's opinion?

 Having heard on this board some comments that some Member States prefer
having DoC's with each shipment (ITE and R&TTE), I am considering having a
copy of the DoC included with the product manual in English. Does anyone see
a problem in following this approach?  The intent is to include an exact
replica of the DoC with a statement in the signature area defining the
location of the original signed DoC.

Jim Allan
Senior Compliance Engineer
Milgo Solutions Inc.