Kim,

     According to the information I have on the R&TTE Directive (99/5/EC)
     the following applies to the Declaration of Conformity.

     'There is ONE Declaration of Conformity.  It is held by the
     manufacturer with the technical file for the product.  The standard
     EN45014 is an accepted model for the DoC, referred to in the Blue
     Guide*, therefore manufacturers would seem to have no good reason not
     to use this model.  The DoC is signed by the manufacturer, and is
     expected to be in the language used by the manufacturer (and
     understood by the signatory). A COPY of the DoC (in its original
     language) must accompany every product.'

     *This is a guide to the implementation of Directives based on the New
     Approach and Global Approach (EC Doc Certif 98/1) also known as the
     'Blue Guide'.

     This information was on a DTI FAQ paper recently distributed at a TAPC
     meeting.

     I hope this helps.

     Kind Regards

     Tony Reynolds