From:  Ron Pickard [SMTP:rpick...@hypercom.com]
Sent:  Monday, May 15, 2000 11:23 AM
To:  Carla Robinson
Cc:  emc-p...@ieee.org
Subject:  Re: EN60950, 3rd Edition, and . . .

Carla et al,

I had recently asked a similar question regarding IE60950 3rd Ed. and its
acceptabilitty, which also included the CB Scheme. I received very little
response which I think was due to many not knowing themselves.

After thinking about this while this thread has now resurfaced, I feel that
IEC60950 3rd will not and should not enter into the CB Scheme arena until
the member countries have national/regional versions of IEC60950 3rd Ed. in
place. The only region I know that is pursuing this is North America with
its UL60950 3rd Ed. The rest of the regulatory standards making bodies
appear to be silent regarding this (unless I've been keeping my head in the
sand). This apparent reluctance to proceed may jeopardize the
one-basic-standard approach the ITE community has grown familiar with.

So, to all those out there with their ears to the grindstones of the
standard-making bodies, is IEC60950 3rd Edition being adopted into, say,
EN60950 3rd Ed. or AS/NZ 60950 3rd Ed.? Any others?

Just some added questions and opinions thrown in and tossed about.

Best regards,
Ron Pickard
rpick...@hypercom.com

                    "Carla Robinson"

                    <Carla_Robinson@mw        To:     emc-p...@ieee.org

                    .3com.com>                cc:

                    Sent by:                  Subject:     EN60950, 3rd
Edition . . .
                    owner-emc-pstc@iee

                    e.org

                    05/15/00 08:46 AM

                    Please respond to

                    "Carla Robinson"

Greetings!

I am seeking information on when will the 3rd Edition of the EN60950, L.V.
Directive, go into effect?  When will it be ratified for the European
Community?

Carla Robinson
3Com Corp.
847-262-2494