Hi Edward,

Thanks for the info. I just visited the website you listed below. The article
reads:

"Which? tested two hands-free sets, from Carphone Warehouse and BT Cellnet. The
results were startling: these sets acted as aerials, channelling three times as
much radiation from the phones into users' heads. Hands-free kits can be
convenient to use, but Which? says that consumers cannot rely on them to reduce
health risks."

Here is my two cents worth:

Do you know what part brought three times as much radiation from the phones
into users' heads?
It might be the audio cable from the cell phone to users' ears. IF that is the
reason the test results of Which? should be forwarded to Carphone Warehouse and
BT Cellnet (two manufacturers). And Which? may ask EMC engineers of these two
companies to improve their EMC designs. - Say, they did not carefully layout
the PCB inside cell phone and let the RF energy leak to audio cable.

Best Regards,
Barry Ma
b...@anritsu.com
--------------
On Wed, 05 April 2000, Edward Fitzgerald wrote:

> Further to the thread on Cell Phone Hazards and Electromagnetic Field
> Radiation in February, the UK Consumer Association Which? caused a stir
> this week by claiming it has tested two hands free kits for Mobile
> phones and found that they actually increased the radiation levels by
> three fold....
> The following link takes you to their Press Release on the subject:
> http://www.which.net/whatsnew/pr/apr00/general/handsfree.html

[clipped by bm]...

For the largest MP3 index on the Web, go to http://mp3.altavista.com