Jasmine-

You can order a stainless steel 2" ball online from
McMaster-Carr for $28.  I did, and received it the
next day via standard UPS!   (Those test equipment
labs want $95-$150 for the same ball with a loop
soldered on.)

www.mcmaster.com   catalog page# 3184 (steel balls)
Stainless Steel (C440) P/N 9529K53 , 2" dia.

This ball weighs 520g, which is within the 60950 spec
of 500g +- 25g.   I had a buddy at a machine shop
drill a hole through the middle so I could run a cord
through it for pendulum use, too. (Drilling out the
hole brought the weight down to almost 500g.) Any
weight discrenpancy can be dealt with by adjusting the
drop height, of course.

Have fun making an impact for your company!

Dirk

<sb...@ctl.creative.com>,"emc-p...@ieee.org"<emc-p...@ieee.org>,"'Jim

http://im.yahoo.com