I am looking for the appropriate European Ergonomic standard that addresses
the issue of manual lifting in the workplace. The US equivalent standards
are the "NIOSH Work Practices Guide for Manual Lifting" , OSHA 1910,
MIL-STD-1472 or MIL-HDBK-795.

Its my understanding that there are standards available such as British
Standard 5827,  "Health & Safety at Work Etc Act", "Health & Safety at Work
Regulations", and "Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations", but I
assume that these are UK requirements which may or may not be accepted in
the European community.

I realize that this is not necessarily a "Product Safety" issue but I am
hoping that someone may be familiar with this. Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

Rick Busche
rbus...@es.com