Good explanation Nick

But the following I have to add.

point 4. The EMC directive only uses the Standards and the TCF route. The
type approval route for mainly transmitters will very soon (April 8th) be
withdrawn in favor of the TTE-directive that comes into force and that
allows the standards "plus" method to be used for transmitters. The plus
stands here for the notified body that needs to comply with your frequency
scheme for the miscellaneous countries. If not compliant with all countries
then a special symbol has to be added to the ce sign stating that it is not
compatible with some countries and the manual should be read.
Equipment using such a symbol may not be used in all EC member states but
may be freely sold and im/exported.
Waiting for the European frequency scheme to be harmonized. We are working
on that toooooo....

You already pointed us in this direction under point 6 but I felt some extra
information was required.

Regards,

Gert Gremmen, (Ing)

ce-test, qualified testing

Web presence  http://www.cetest.nl
CE-shop http://www.cetest.nl/ce_shop.htm
/-/ Compliance testing is our core business /-/