Hi all,

I am trying to re-design our current power supply to meet GR-1089-Core
Specification.
The Power Supply has a -48V input and 5VDC/100W, 5VDC/100W and 12VDC/150W
Output.

Based on current testing, we did not comply with Section 9.10.6 Frame Surge
Test.
This test applies a surge current as defined in IEEE C62.41.  The filter
capacitor was destroyed during this test. The capacitor is rated at 100V.  I
think this capacitor should be replaced with a higher voltage X or Y
capacitor.  Possibly a GDT or TVS is required.

If anyone can help, I will email a portion of the schematic in PDF format.

Thank you,

Mark Pascarelli
Electrical Engineer
Carlo Gavazzi, Inc.