Doug,

You might want to look at a paper that was presented at the Montreal IEEE
EMC Symposium by HP on measurements that they made on a table when starting
to test above 1 GHz.  As you know, the FCC (ANSI C63.4) and CISPR 22
requirements simply call out that the table should be non-conducting.
That's about all that is said.  Measurements made by HP in Vancouver, WA
show that this might just be an inadequate specification for the table due
to reflections from the table/air boundary.  Their table was wood with no
metal fasteners of any kind, with a plastic sheet on the top.  It meets the
"non-conducting" requirement, but demonstrated that this minimal standard is
inadequate to ensure accurate and repeatable results.  I am certain that the
results of their tests will cause some interesting discussions in various
standards bodies over the next few years.

That said, a wood or fiberglass table should meet your needs quite nicely.
I've seen a number of construction techniques over the years that have all
had minimal metal content (our tables have two swivel casters under the legs
at one end and metal axels for the wheels at the other end as their total
metal content).  These range from all wood, to PCV pipe frame with a wood
top to fiberglass construction.  All are sturdy enough to hold 200 pounds
and all are "non-conductive".  I'm not sure what to suggest for your swivel
mount, but I have seen turntables built with a single metal pivot in the
middle with a race of pool balls used for ball bearings further out on the
table.  Quick, simple and elegant.  Non-conductive, except for the pivot in
the middle.

Good luck and have fun.  Based on HP's paper, I suspect that a lot of us
will be building new tables of a yet to be determined material in the next
few years.  Should make for some interesting conversations.

Ghery Pettit
Intel