From: brian_ku...@leco.com [mailto:brian_ku...@leco.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2001 8:47 AM
To: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: UL2725 & UL2835 on USB cables

Greetings,

We are looking for a good quality 10 foot USB cable. We have an application
where the USB cable must have a low impedance in the shield and shield
termination to pass the emissions and immunity tests for Europe.

Not knowing much about USB I did some research on the Web and USB cables.
Many
cable manufacturers lists UL2725 and UL2835 in the cable specs.  What are
these
"UL" standards pertaining to?  I check with UL and they said these are not
UL
standards. Where did they come from?

In addition to the above information, I would appreciate any recommendations
on
where to find a good quality USB cable and how to tell a good one from a
poor
one either by measurement or by specification.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Brian Kunde
LECO Corp.