As to why the FCC specifies field intensities in linear terms I can't say
with certainty but the following is factually true.  Getting a reading in
dBuV implies use of a logarithmic amplifier.  Use of the logarithmic amp
precludes both averaging and quasi-peak detection, which are both averaging
functions.  Averaging can only be performed in linear, not log space.
Therefore FCC limits which are verified with either quasi-peak or average
detection are defined as numerics, not decibels.