From: owner-emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
[mailto:owner-emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org]On Behalf Of Mark Haynes
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2001 12:44 PM
To: IEEE EMC-PSTC Discussion List (E-mail)
Cc: Peter Deneault (E-mail); Tom Brenner; Doug Harris
Subject: Motor Drive Grounding Scheme

Greetings All,

I work for a product safety consulting firm/test lab/agent.  I am currently
having some difficulties with UL relating to one of our customer's products.
The grounding scheme of the products has become a barrier which has halted
the planned testing.  In our opinion, the engineering rationale behind this
position is not very strong or clear.

The products are small open-type stepper and servo motor drives (rated up to
6 A) which are intended to be used within another enclosure.  They are