I suppose the only link between this listserver and the present topic
is that the "chicken" testing discussed pertains to some degree to
product safety.

One story made the rounds a few years ago about a railroad engine
manufacturer that wanted to perform some similar windshield tests on
it's locomotives.  They got the essential information somewhere, but
failed to note that the chickens should be thawed.

It was reported that the first test resulted in the frozen bird going through
the windshield and one or more bulkheads behind the crew cab area,
into the diesel engine area.

George Alspaugh