From: owner-emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
[mailto:owner-emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org]On Behalf Of Dave Wilson
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2001 1:29 PM
To: 'emc-p...@ieee.org'
Subject: Surges on shielded lines

I'm trying to get surge testing done on a DS3 interface against EN61000-4-5.
According to the standard, the test set-up in figure 13 should be used. The
figure shows the test generator connecting to the chassis - can someone
confirm that is how the test is done - i.e. the surge is applied to the
chassis, and hence the shield?

Thanks in advance,

Dave Wilson
Alidian Networks