Thanks for the clarification, Brian. What is the legal state of the
Directives and CE marking in Switzerland? If they don't apply, what does?

Richard Woods

        ----------
        From:  Brian Jones [SMTP:e...@brianjones.co.uk]
        Sent:  Friday, September 14, 2001 8:56 AM
        To:  wo...@sensormatic.com; emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
        Subject:  European Economic Area

        Richard and everyone

        The three EFTA countries which are parties to the European Economic
Area
        agreement are Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein.  They apply the
directives
        as if they were members of the EU.  Although Switzerland is an EFTA
member,
        it did not join the others in EEA membership.

        Best wishes

        Brian Jones
        EMC Consultant and Competent Body Signatory

        Keep up to date with EMC Matters newsletter
        e-mail newslet...@brianjones.co.uk for a free sample in .pdf format