I don't have the IEC 61000-4-2 ammendment, but CISPR24:1997
(Immunity for ITE) does have the phrases
"... a minimum of 50 discharges at each point",
and
"... test points shall receive at least 50 direct contact
discharges."

Maybe this is what you were thinking about.
---
Patrick Lawler
plaw...@west.net