From: j...@aol.com [mailto:j...@aol.com]
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2001 11:24 AM
To: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Cc: ghery.pet...@intel.com
Subject: Am1 to CISPR24 in OJ?

In a message dated 7/23/01,  Ghery Pettitwrites:

You can purchase a copy of Amendment 1 to CISPR 24 from the IEC web page
(http://www.iec.ch) for all the details.  The amendment primarily deals with

analog telephone sets.

Hi Ghery:

Thanks for the info on this.  I downloaded the amendment and was pleased to
see that it mostly represents a relaxation of the limits.

Do you or anyone else on the listserver have an idea of when this amendment
is likely to be published in the Official Journal?  My understanding is that

this amendment has no regulatory significance until that occurs.

Joe Randolph
Telecom Design Consultant
Randolph Telecom, Inc.
781-721-2848