From:   owner-emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
[mailto:owner-emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org]  On Behalf Of POWELL, DOUG
Sent:   Monday, June 25, 2001 7:21 PM
To:     EMC-PSTC (E-mail)
Cc:     HARDMAN, BRYAN; JOHNSON, J. D.
Subject:        EN 55011 Fundamental ISM frequencies

Dear groups,

My company is a manufacturer of equipment defined in EN55011 (CISPR 11) as
Group 2, Class A products and a question has come up regarding the ISM
frequencies that I am hoping you can clarify for us.

Tables Ia and Ib of the standard list the fundamental ISM frequencies and
their associated limits (or lack of).  Since column 3 (column 2 of Ib) is
titled "Maximum radiation limit", it has been thought by every compliance
engineer in my company, that these forgiveness bands only apply to radiated
emissions.  However, paragraph 3.3 states that "... The limits for terminal
voltages and radiation do not apply to these ISM frequencies ..."

It appears that there is a discrepancy in the language if these two