From: Gorodetsky, Vitaly
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2001 5:33 PM
To: 'jradom...@clare.com'; emc-p...@ieee.org
Subject: RE: Poland and CE and Harmonics

John,

I have consulted with Woody Strzelecki on this.  Not being an expert in
Polish I would not venture to discuss the differences between
"Bezpieczenstwo" and "Bjezopasnost".   FYI:  Russians have different word
for Safety (if I am not mistaken, Bjezopasnost' in Russian has different
connotation and better translated as Security - well, these linguistic
nuances...).

As to the core of the original question, the national safety mark "B" is
still required in Poland as far as I know.  Correct me if I am wrong.  I
would only speculate that they would have to give up on this mark once they
join the EU.  On the other hand, there are other safety national marks in
Europe marketing people still love.

Regards,
Vitaly  Gorodetsky
Compliance Engineer Direct: (818) 678-3840
Canoga Perkins Corp. Main: (818) 718-6300
20600 Prairie Street FAX: (818) 678-3740
Chatsworth, CA 91311-6008                 e-mail:
vgorodet...@canoga.com <mailto:vgorodet...@canoga.com>

The suitability of this information for making decision is solely with the
reader