<200105211432.kaa24...@interlock2.lexmark.com>, oover...@lexmark.com
inimitably wrote:
>I once read a safety article (tongue-in-cheek I believe) that said that the
>safety industry was weaking the species by allowing the weak and feable to
>continue exist and procreate.  I believe that this was directed toward the
>mentally weak and feable (read stoopid).
>
>By warning them about things that generally intellegient people would know were
>hazardous, this "special" group would reproduce and create even more "special"
>people.  Ultimately, the "special" people would out number the others to such
>an
>extent that homosapiens would face extinction.
>
>One of the assumptions was that these "special" people, through their routine
>actions, would eliminate most of the other people through collateral damage.
>(e.g.  drunk drivers, cell phone drivers, equipment operators, greedy managers
>with only the bottom line in mind (otherwise known as bottom feeders))
>
>Well, it has gotten to the point, as Tania has so elegantly pointed out, that
>the safety profession only facilitates this; but the legal and political system
>now rewards being "special" (again read stoopid).  Not only do we protect them
>and allow them to procreate, we pay them large sums of money to those "special"
>people for being so "special".

This is a distasteful posting, and even if you wrote it in innocence you
may find you get attention from extreme right-wing elements.

The idea that low intelligence is a dominant inherited characteristic is
simply not true. There is a heuristic observation of an 'equalization'
principle in human and other animal inheritance; unusually tall parents
have tall but not so unusually tall children. Many highly intelligent
parents have children whose intelligence is not so outstanding. Some
simple parents have genius-level children.
--
Regards, John Woodgate, OOO - Own Opinions Only. Phone +44 (0)1268 747839
Fax +44 (0)1268 777124. http://www.jmwa.demon.co.uk Why not call a vertically-