        From:  Rob Legg [SMTP:r...@potentia.ca]
        Sent:  Friday, May 18, 2001 8:49 AM
        To:  Richard Meyette; 'Tania Grant'; emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
        Subject:  RE: Disconnect Devices for Telecom Equipment

        Group,

        Continual reference to centralized DC power systems as SELV is in
error. Although these systems may be ELV (isolated from hazardous voltages),
they are not SELV unless energy limited at the terminals so labeled. This is
typically by means of fuse, breaker or other suitable disconnect device.

        Rob Legg
        Potentia Telecom Power
        200Katimavik Rd
        Kanata K2L 4A2