I'm running into an interesting dilemma.

We have been shipping automotive radar detectors without FCC certification
based on the rule 15.103 (a) Exempted Devices because they are a digital
device utilized exclusively in any transportation vehicle including motor
vehicles and aircraft.
We are now adding a NOAA scanning receiver to these detectors.  Several
questions come up...
1) Are we still exempt based on the above rule 15.103?
2) If we are not exempt, then under what rule do we now apply?
3) Given the fact that the local oscillator on the radar detector is around
11GHz, do we need to test up to that range even if the radio receiver is at
a much lower frequency and the radar portion is supposed to be exempt?
4) Most importantly, have we been making the wrong assumption from the start
and the radar detectors should have been tested all along?

Appreciate the feedback...
ROG