wo...@sensormatic.com wrote:

> I am trying to determine if a particular device should be safety certified
> under EN 60950 or EN 61010-1. It would be appreciated if someone would
> provide me with the scope of EN 61010-1. Thanks.
>
> Richard Woods

Richard,

It seems EN61010-1 is for control equipment and lab instruments. I've
seen this standard quoted in manufacturer's specs for indicators,
controllers and instrument probes. Some manufacturers meeting EN61010-1
also state EN55011 for EMC.

Daniel Kwok, P.Eng.
Principal EMC Engineer
Intetron Consulting, Inc.
Vancouver, Canada
Phone (604) 432-9874
Email dk...@intetron.com
Web http://www.intetron.com

    http://www.rcic.com/      click on "Virtual Conference Hall,"

This notice has been automatically added to all Datex-Ohmeda Internet messages.

This E-mail communication may contain information that is confidential and
privileged.  The information is intended to be for the use of the addressee
only.  If you are not the addressee, please note that any disclosure, copy,
distribution or use of the contents of this message is prohibited.