<f96btugdyl91hovyki300014...@hotmail.com>, Ray Levasseur
<ray_levass...@hotmail.com> inimitably wrote:
>I have a number of products that must meet the requirements of EN 61000-3-3
>for voltage fluctuation but I am having problems complying. The failure
>happens when a vacuum pump is switched on during a cycle of the machine and
>then it is switched off. The inrush that occurs is about 35 amps with a
>running current of 5 amps.

Well, first of all, which requirement of the standard are you violating?
Have you just assumed that 35 A violates the dmax requirement? It might
not, because of phase effects. Then again, is that 35 A a true r.m.s.
value over half a cycle? Are you using a test instrument that just
returns 'FAIL'? Or does the pump start often enough to run into the
actual Pst or Plt limits?

I don't suppose you have the big 'Millennium' amendment to the standard,
which STILL isn't published yet? Even though (actually, 'because') it's
not published yet, enforcement authorities have been 'advised' that it
would not be in the public interest to take action against products that
satisfy the amended standard but not the original.

It would be helpful to know exactly what the product is.
--
Regards, John Woodgate, OOO - Own Opinions Only. Phone +44 (0)1268 747839
Fax +44 (0)1268 777124. http://www.jmwa.demon.co.uk Foxhunters suffer from