From: John Woodgate [mailto:j...@jmwa.demon.co.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2001 12:38 PM
To: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: Re: DoC

<EDFA411E5E4AD2118D6F00A0C99E4BAC01DF797E@FLBOCEXU02>,
wo...@sensormatic.com inimitably wrote:
>Companies A and B are located in the EU. Company A manufacturers a product
>and applies the name of Company B. Company B sells the product to a
customer
>and the product is shipped from Company A direct to the customer.
>Which company is responsible for the technical file and issuing the DoC?

Company A is the manufacturer and is responsible. Company B may be just
a sales unit with insufficient technical knowledge to know whether the
DoC is honest or not. But Company A need not put its own name on the
DoC. The rules about that vary a bit from one country to another, so the
authorities should be contacted.
--
Regards, John Woodgate, OOO - Own Opinions Only. Phone +44 (0)1268 747839
Fax +44 (0)1268 777124. http://www.jmwa.demon.co.uk Foxhunters suffer from

    http://www.rcic.com/      click on "Virtual Conference Hall,"