Hello forum participants :
This is a subject very near & dear to my heart and I am thrilled
to see it come up in this forum. If there is an more appropriate place
to continue this thread, please advise..

Try Innoveda (formerly ViewLogic) for their "Quiet Expert" .
It is a fast running Expert-system algorithm based "rules" analyzer.
see : http://www.innoveda.com/products/quick_buildit.asp#qtex

It was developed by the <famous> University of Missouri at Rolla Consortium.
See  :  http://www.emclab.umr.edu/consortium/
In commercial fairness, the EMC expert system is also available from Incases.

Quiet Expert also does "thumbnail" very fast (but limited accuracy)
electromagnetic radiation
analysis. It will run with very minimal, global or generic technology models for
the digital devices.
It is NOT a signal integrity tool like (the attractive) Hyperlynx, now also
owned by Innoveda.

We at Motorola AIEG (Automotive Industrial Electronics Group) are in the process
of evaluating
and applying QE to our automotive electronic modules and would welcome
collaboration with other
users on general tool usage learning, hints, kinks and issues.

Best regards,
Jerry Meyerhoff
Principal Staff Engineer
Motorola AIEG [Automotive & Industrial Electronics Group] of
IESS [ Integrated Electronic Systems Sector ]
4000 Commercial Ave Mail Stop 19, Location 2-O2
Northbrook Il. 60062
847/480-5686 voice
847/205-2452 fax
g10...@email.mot.com
2/16/2001

DISCLAIMER:
This report represents the best opinions and analysis of the author
based on the information available which may be subject to change
without prior notice. Any opinions implied or expressed in this work are
solely those of the author . The suitability of this information for
making decisions rests solely with the reader. JDM :-)