forwarding for Dan.

Subject:    Re: Leakage current for products certified to EN 60601-1/UL
Author: "Dan Modi" <dandm...@jps.net>
Date:       1/28/01 10:05 PM

Kurt,

I am assuming you are looking for Earth leakage.

The number is 500uA for IEC / EN 60601-1, and it is 300uA for UL 2601-1.

Note that IEC 60601-1, EN 60601-1, UL 2601-1 & CSA 22.2 601-1 look for Earth
Leakage, Enclosure leakage and Patient (Applied part) leakage.

A twist is that if the product is intended for U.S - Some of the hospitals
require compliance to NFPA 99 (which is based on the old UL 544.  Which
means you have to design for worst case of both the standards).

Thanks
Dan Modi
Asst. Director - Product Certification
Alcon Surgical