Mike,

The following is from clause 5.1.4 of IEC 1010-1 which is for equipment for
measurement, control, and laboratory use. NOTE: IEC 127 is the standard that
International fuses are tested against. Apparently you can use letter or
color codes.

The letter and color codes of IEC 127 are as follows:

Very quick acting:      FF, or black
Quick acting:           F, or red
Medium time lag:        M, or yellow
Time-lag:                       T, or blue
Long time-lag:          TT, or grey

Kurt Andrews
Compliance Engineer

Tracewell Systems, Inc.