I read in !emc-pstc that richwo...@tycoint.com wrote (in <846BF526A205F8
4BA2B6045BBF7E9A6ABC4F94@flbocexu05>) about 'EMC and Functional Safety',
on Tue, 18 Dec 2001:
>A few weeks ago, someone posted a question asking if excessive spurious
>emissions would be considered a safety issue. The responses indicated "No."
>
>I just found a copy of the IEE Guidance Document on EMC an Functional Safety
>
>(http://www.iee.org.uk/Policy/Areas/EMC/index.cfm). The relationship of EMC
>and functional safety is discussed and examples of safety failures due to
>EMC are given.

As I recall the question, the 'No' answer *to the question asked* was
strictly correct. I was well aware of the document you cite and if it
had been relevant, I would have mentioned it.

The IEE document is not without its critics, if anyone is thinking of
treating it as Revealed Truth.
After swimming across the Hellespont, I felt like a Hero.