Tania and Amund,

IMHO, the margin of compliance should be at least equal to or greater than
the measurement uncertainty.  Measurement uncertainty for radiated
emissions is generally in the range of 3 to 4 dB for most labs.

Jim Hulbert
Pitney Bowes

                    "Tania Grant"

                    <taniagr...@msn.com>          To:
<am...@westin-emission.no>, <emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org>
                    Sent by:                      cc:

                    owner-emc-pstc@majordom       Subject:     Re: EMI guard
bands
                    o.ieee.org

                    12/17/2001 01:38 PM

                    Please respond to

                    "Tania Grant"

Amund,

My minimum criteria and recommendation has always been at least 6dB.
However, how many engineering managers, upon finding a 1.5 dB margin in
their favor, rule "ship it"!

Education (repeated brainwashing of as many 'powerful company managers) has
been my response;--  but that often takes time.

In those cases,  there is a written memoranda signed by me explaining why
that kind of approach is not correct.

taniagr...@msn.com