Your equipment will probably need compliance with
the ATEX directive. I do not have much experience with
it but what I know is that equipment (wires/ sensors) above a certain
(very low) power level need to be enclosed securely with an
auto expanding enclosure, enabling a safe release of high
pressure gases possibly caused by an internal explosion.
The route gases flow to leave the enclosure needs to be long,
in such a way their temperature lowers below the calculated ignition point
of the environment. To enable electricity to leave such an
enclosure, special cables are required, or the power level needs
to be reduced to a safe level using redundant parts (f.a. several
resistors, several diodes (blocking), etc.

Others may have different opinion or might add to this.
I am not saying it's all accurate I was writing above.
It's what  I picked up from customers needing EMC tests for
their equipment.

Regards,

Gert Gremmen, (Ing)

ce-test, qualified testing

Web presence  http://www.cetest.nl
CE-shop http://www.cetest.nl/ce_shop.htm
/-/ Compliance testing is our core business /-/