From: don_borow...@selinc.com [mailto:don_borow...@selinc.com]
Sent: 07 June 2002 15:09
To: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: RE: IEC 60950 & Solar Cells

For the power limit part of the problem, a good rule of thumb to use for
solar
intensity is 1 kW per square meter. A garden variety solar cell (single
crystal)
is easily 10% efficiency these days, and the best ones are past 20%, so
this
yields 100 watts to beyond 200 watts per square meter for the expected
power.

Don Borowski
Schweitzer Engineering Labs
Pullman, WA