Dear all:

Can anyone tell me about how to meassure/define the radiated disturbances of
Microwave-Oven according to CISPR 11 and 19?

In CISPR19: 1983, the substitution method was introduced to measure the
effective radiated power per limit for radiated power 57dB(pW) from CISPR 11:
1990 in frequency range 1GHz to 18GHz. But the required radiated disturbances
limit for 1GHz to 18GHz in CISPR 11:1997+A!1999 was clearly defined as the
electric field strength 70~110 dB(uV/m) mentioned in table 6, 7 of which.

The measurement procedures for this two different required limits and units are
also different. It is well known that the sustitution method was a complicated
procedures, it should use the signal generator and the transmitting horn
antenna to replace the Microwave Oven to measure the ERP of which. According to
the required limits for field strength given in the 1999 version of CISPR 11, I
think that the test time for the Microwave Oven is reduced because the
measurement is just for the radiated field strength from the Microwave Oven. It
is similiar to  tests for ITE, righ?

I think that the substitution method for ERP in the frequency range above 1GHz
is replaced by directly measuring the radiated disturbances of Microwave Oven
for field strength in frequency range clearly defined (1GHz~18GHz).

I am not sure that what my thought is right or not because some countries in
the world still use the CISPR 11:1990 as their criteria for the Microwave Oven
in marketing. Your comments are great helpful for our testing service for our
customers.

Thanks a lot!

Best Regards!!!

Yu-Lung Chen
Tattung EMC Technology Co.
No.11, Lane41, Fushuen St., Jungshan Chiu, Taipei, Taiwan 104, R.O.C.
Tel:886-2-25984568 Ext. 111
      886-2-25984569 Ext. 111
Fax:886-2-25984546
email address: c...@emc.tatung.com