Hi John,

You are right. The only requirements are for EMC and Safety (according to
the R&TTE directive).

I remember  there was only 1 (temporary) exception, important if the POTS
equipment will be used in France. (drawn current < 80 mA)
Probably this requirement is gone now, but be careful.

Success!

Theo Hildering

Hildering Telecom Consulting

The Netherlands