From: POWELL, DOUG [mailto:doug.pow...@aei.com]
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2002 9:21 AM
To: EMC-PSTC (E-mail)
Subject: Considering a rooftop OATS

Greetings all,

I am considering a proposal to build a pre-compliance OATS on the rooftop of
our facility.  I am interested in hearing any experiences along this line
especially any unexpected difficulties that came up.

I am considering a 10 meter site on a raised framework or platform with
turntable.  There are a number of air-conditioning units on the roof.  If
needed, I can place grounded chain-link fence around these as a sort of
faraday cage.  A binocular scan of the surrounding area reveals a power
substation about 1/2 mile away.  Other items in the area are a cell phone
tower about 2 miles away and there are nearby office buildings with small
dish antennas and the like.  Some of these are undoubtedly site to site
wireless data communication.  I still need to get my antenna out on the roof
and do a quick scan.

The equipment to be testing is sometimes rather heavy and I need to consider
an elevator or at least an equipment hoist over the edge of the roof.
Additionally, I am considering some kind of a portable weatherproof
enclosure over the turntable.

Thanks in advance for your comments,

-doug

-----------
Douglas E. Powell, Compliance Engineer
Advanced Energy Industries, Inc.
Mail stop: 203024
1626 Sharp Point Drive
Ft. Collins, CO 80525

970.407.6410 (phone)
970-407.5410 (fax)
mailto:doug.pow...@aei.com

This message, including any attachments, may contain information that is
confidential and proprietary information of Advanced Energy Industries, Inc.
The dissemination, distribution, use or copying of this message or any of
its attachments is strictly prohibited without the express written consent
of Advanced Energy Industries, Inc.

    http://ieeepstc.mindcruiser.com/