Amund

I don't think of a green wire as RF "ground." What are Y caps DOING? They
are a return path for RF current that could otherwise get onto the mains
and cause interference. How does RF current get onto the power conductors?
Unbalanced switching noise? Yes, mostly.  Capacitive coupling? Some.
Inductive? Some.  You can cut noise at the source, as well as at the
enclosure. Maybe better - you have a shorter path there to the generator.
Anyway, if you need to, put Y caps on the equipment side and reduce stray
coupling to the mains side with spacing and shielding. Don't think of
safety ground as a return for EMI.

Not to judge; we're often stuck with what we have, but that's my two cents
worth. (grin)

Cortland