From: don_macart...@selinc.com [mailto:don_macart...@selinc.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2002 11:57 AM
To: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: Obtaining Lab Accreditation

Hello Group,

I have been tasked with obtaining A2LA accreditation for my internal (first
party) lab.  We have about ten technicians, perform all standard suite of
IEC
EMC tests along with vibration, shock, bump and environmental (cold, dry
heat,
damp heat) testing.

I have attended ISO 17025 training but still have some questions.  I'm
wondering
if there is anyone out there who has experience with ISO 17025 of ISO Guide
25
lab accreditation who can answer these questions:

1.  Roughly how long did it take you to obtain the accreditation start to
finish?  I am thinking that it will take about one year.
2.  Would you mind sharing the contents of your Quality Manual?
3.  Is there a group or organization around that one could obtain example
Quality Manuals from?
4.  What were some of the benefits and reasons for obtaining lab
accreditation?
Was it worth while and why?

Thanks for your input.

Don
This e-mail may contain SEL confidential information.  The opinions
expressed
are not necessarily those of SEL.  Any unauthorized disclosure, distribution
or
other use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in error, please
notify
the sender, permanently delete it, and destroy any printout.  Thank you.

    http://ieeepstc.mindcruiser.com/