From: FLOWERDEW, Peter [mailto:peter.flower...@plantronics.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 10:07 AM
To: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: RE: RF immunity 1-2GHz

I have been 'hardening' headsets and amplifiers to meet the 80 to 1000MHz,
1KHz 80% AM modulation requirements in EN55024, 3V/m. As our product lives
on peoples desks we undertook to also provide immunity to mobile phones. We
covered 900MHz, 1.8GHZ, 1.9GHz and 2.45GHz switched key modulation at 200Hz
1/8 pulse ratio, 10V/m to 3V/m. These higher frequency tests were MUCH more
difficult to meet than the regulatory ones. The response of a system to
signals in   any particular frequency band just can not normally be
predicted from the response to those in some other frequency band.

Regards,

Peter