Reminds me of a news article a while back from New Zealand where they
also use the roadside automated radar/camera setup (GATSO?)

A chap received a fixed penalty ticket in the mail stating that his car
had been photographed speeding and that he had to pay a fine.

He replied via mail with a photo of a cheque for the fine.

The police responded also via mail with a photo of a pair of handcuffs.

He paid up.

Jim

OBTW I thought that the CHP were not allowed radar as the Ca voters
elected by ballot that they would not pay taxes to allow the police to
buy equipment allowing them to raise more revenue from speeders. Hence
only the local police have radars and the CHP have to get behind you or
time you over a fixed distance from a spotter plane. Or is that an urban
myth?