No risk of electric shock at these voltages. But in salt water environments, a
greatly increased risk of corrosion.
Which could in turn lead to a shock or fire hazard.

Slightly off topic, but a valid point to be considered.

Peter Merguerian wrote:

> Jason,
>
> Please explain to your colleague that for North American requirements (as
> depicted in the NEC and CEC) there is no risk of electric shock or fire from
> circuits in wet locations for up to 21.2 V.  For higher voltages you should
> start taking steps to minimize the risk of water ingress and the risk of a
> person coming in touch with the circuits.
>
> In Europe, I believe the voltage level is somehat lower; if I recall
> correctly, 15 V. Someone correct me if I am wrong!
>
> This e-mail message may contain privileged or confidential information. If
> you are not the intended recipient, you may not disclose, use, disseminate,
> distribute, copy or rely upon this message or attachment in any way. If you
> received this e-mail message in error, please return by forwarding the
> message and its attachments to the sender.
>
> PETER S. MERGUERIAN
> Technical Director
> I.T.L. (Product Testing) Ltd.
> 26 Hacharoshet St., POB 211
> Or Yehuda 60251, Israel
> Tel: + 972-(0)3-5339022  Fax: + 972-(0)3-5339019

Andrew Carson - Product Safety Engineer, Xyratex, UK
Phone: +44 (0)23 9249 6855 Fax: +44 (0)23 9249 6014