Very good point.  Obviously the cables could be very long, at least as long
as half the aircraft, if the 12 Vdc supply were situated in the exact center
of the aircraft.  Since the laptops were qualified running of a 50/60 Hz
power mains, the measured CSIPR emissions don't apply to this mode.  Would
it be too much to expect that the adapters for sale for this purpose do meet
stringent RE limits?  Or do they fall in a a regulation crack - CISPR
wouldn't apply and somehow I don't see these devices being qualified to
RTCA/DO-160.

But while all of this is interesting and food for thought, it STILL doesn't
affect my basic premise, that PEDs interfere with aircraft operation via
aircraft antennas, not aircraft wires.